Thursday, May 13, 2010

School dayz...

Since October, Lincoln has been participating in a home preschool. There were 3 other boys and 1 little girl that he did school with. I think overall, he really enjoyed it and had fun. He might have even learned a thing or two?!? The main focus during school time was the ABC's and he definitely knows them! He has also learned to write his name.

On top of that, he was able to finally go to school at someone else's house without crying and clinging to me as I left the house. I am happy about that, I always felt so badly leaving him crying. However, when he was finally okay with staying, Grant didn't like to have Lincoln go. He would cry when he found out I was taking Lincoln to school. Lincoln would look over at Grant in his car seat and try to reassure him that it would be okay, he needed to go to school, but would be back soon!

I did have some struggles with the structure (or lack of) for this preschool, but overall I'm glad he was able to participate and I'm glad that I could be a part of it. It was fun taking my turn to be his "teacher" and watch him learn and see how he interacted with the other children. I'm so proud of you Lincoln! You are getting just getting bigger and bigger and smarter and smarter. You never cease to amaze me! How am I going to keep you little?!? :)

school friends!
Abby, Lincoln, Carter, Preston, Ariah
(Lincoln always loved sitting by Abby!)

they were making a T as they were learning about the letter T

Their little snack on the T day...cute little graham trains!


last day of school!!!

Lincoln often insisted on wearing a tie to school,
he liked to be dressed nicely whenever it was a school day!
Our little school boy, all ready for success!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my gosh, you sure have trained him well, wearing his little preppy outfits to school to impress Abby!! What a stud! I'm glad things got better for Lincoln as the year progressed. When you get settled in CO you'll have to figure out what to do next fall for school. I'm still trying to figure that out too. I think Nathan needs even more structure this next year. We'll see...

Leah said...

What a cute little bunch of preschoolers! And....I can't believe you're having another little boy! So fun, at least you guys make cute ones!