There were a lot of stressful times for all of us the last 3 years. There were many nights, which carried into weeks, that Brandon would be gone all day and then work at home all night. There were days when Lincoln and Grant wouldn't see Brandon except for maybe 5 minutes (if at all). There were many days we just wanted to do something all together, but couldn't because of deadlines and assignments that Brandon had to complete. There have been some lonely times probably for all of us. And there have been some times when we just weren't sure how everything would work out, or if it was all worth it.
It's been quite emotional for me to think about because I think I've just kind of been on auto pilot for a while trying to make sure everything at home was taken care of and the boys were happy and safe. Already as I think back, I often don't know how we did it. And then I remember that I know that Heavenly Father has been there the whole time. I think Brandon, Lincoln, Grant, and myself have all been effected differently by this school experience. But we made it! We are thankful Brandon was able to accomplish this HUGE goal, for himself as well as for our family.
The days following his dissertation completion we all breathed a little easier. The boys realized Daddy really existed all day! They are still a little nervous when he has to leave for an errand or even touches the keys that he will be gone for a long time. Brandon pointed out the fact that Grant's whole life has been spent watching Daddy leave for school. (Grant was born right in the thick of his Ph.D) It has been so nice to spend time together as our whole family, as Lincoln would say! We have had some fun times flying kites, hiking, bike riding, bowling, going to Lava Hot Springs, going to movies, and just being together! :)


4 comments:
Yay, congrats to Brandon and to you and the kids for supporting him and doing all you do to keep things together. Don't know how you did it. I'm a wimp when it comes to Chris not being around so much. I'm sure it will seem like a small moment in your lives a few years down the road and it's going to put you in a much better position from now on. Enjoy it all now before he starts teaching and working full time again.
Congrats, Dr. Wilde! Way to go supermom.
Congratulations Dr. Wilde! I think you should get some kind of award or diploma for making it through too Shani. I love all the pictures of the fun family outings! Just so exciting to have completed his schooling. Now on to other adventures right?
Congratulations, Brandon!! And Shani! :) Dr. Wilde... Sounds great!
I understand what you are saying, Shani. There are times my boys don't see Levi for a couple of days at a time because he leaves before they get up and comes home when they are asleep. He's on a short break right now, and my littlest one wants to be able to see him at all times! You have done it all with such grace, though. I love reading your blog because you always inspire me to be a better mother/person.
And,don't you think the wives should be the ones to hand out the diplomas/white coats/hoods? :)
So, what's next? I don't know how you could bear leaving Poky, but I hear it's possible... :)
Post a Comment