Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Summer 2010...Park City

So now that the Autumn is officially here, I'm almost caught up on our family's fun summer happenings! As I love summer so much, I am not incredibly excited for Autumn...however, this fall means that our baby #3 will be born, and that is something we've been looking forward to all year - so really there is some excitement around here!

Anyway, I realized that I hadn't yet posted anything about our fun summer vacation. In August we spent a week with just our little family in Park City, UT. I loved being with our little family away from other distractions, just enjoying each other.

We spent the week hiking, swimming, and a little shopping. It was nice to relax, hang out, and just be together. The boys did considerably well, especially considering we made the long drive without a CD player (something was wrong with our radio at the time) and without a DVD player in the car. That's right, they are probably some of the few kids who don't have one! There were melt-downs and some tantrums, (I'm sure because of being out of their routine and away from the comforts of home) but overall, they did great. I think they had a lot of fun too!


Our first major stop was Temple Square. Lincoln has been asking to go the last couple of times we have been in Utah but we just really haven't had the time. So we decided we would spend our Sunday there. Both Lincoln and Grant love to be there and walk around. I love that Lincoln requested going and that they were so excited to be there. They like to go there...it was a great way to start everything off.
We did 3 hikes up in the Brighton and Alpine Loop area (Blood Lake, Hidden Lake, and Cascade Springs). One was a pretty serious hike for our 2 little ones and their 8 month pregnant Mama! Lincoln is quite the hiker, he did great!

Lincoln's little legs got pretty tired towards the end of the long hike...Brandon was so nice to carry both boys for a little bit!
Just enjoying the area...

This was more of a nature walk but there was huge rock that Lincoln of course thought it would be a good idea to climb.
Cute little Grant...

Our cute hikers...
This picture cracks me up...Lincoln was having a great time...he just thought he would pose for the picture I guess?!??
Swimming! We probably went a couple of times a day the boys couldn't get enough! Grant got so much more used to the water during the week and loved jumping in! He absolutely couldn't resist jumping in the water if I sang Humpty Dumpty or Four Speckled Frogs! It was quite funny. I'm glad he is getting more used to the water and trying to swim.
Lincoln has always loved swimming and jumping in the water. While we were there, he taught himself to swim! He told me to let go of him and he would swim. I did, but stayed close, and sure enough, he swam! He's a little fish! I asked him how he learned. He said, "I just saw other kids doing it, so I thought I would try too!"

Our last night there, we were able to meet up with some friends at the Gateway. Lincoln was so excited to see his little friend again!

1 comment:

Kara said...

You have such cute boys, I can't wait to see what #3 will be like! I love how Lincoln "taught himself to swim"! What a crack-up that kid is!