Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hello Colorado









Memorial Day weekend and into the next week we made our big move to Colorado...12 hours away from our Idaho home! We have been anticipating this move and have been very excited about it. However, I must say 4 moves in less than 3 years does not make me an expert mover or does it make moving any easier. In fact, I would say this was one of the more difficult moves we have had.

Loading day was a rainy day, however, we still had some great help from friends and ward members. Brandon rented the biggest truck and it was FULL to capacity! I couldn't believe it. There were several days in between from the time we needed to be out of our last place, to the day we could actually move into our new place. So the move was a long one. We stopped in Utah to pick up our boys and stayed the night there, then we stopped again at my brother's house in Colorado and stayed the night there. For the boys it was probably nice to break up the drive...but for Brandon and I, it just made it really long!

We moved in on June 3rd! We tried to arrange for some help unloading from our new ward and no one showed up for the time we had requested. We were a little stressed since I really couldn't help much with the pregnancy as well as chasing our boys around. Brandon decided to do what he could alone (so if anyone did come they wouldn't be shocked by things falling out of the truck!) and I took the boys to a park and made some phone calls.

What little faith and or patience we must have because within 20 minutes, there were 6 or 7 people from our new ward hauling all of our stuff into the house (in a heat wave no less)! We were so grateful for the help that these new friends were willing to offer.

We are grateful to be in our new surroundings and excited for the adventures ahead! :)

1 comment:

laura kate said...

I was hoping for details on the move...sorry to hear how difficult it was. P.S. you look ridiculously great (during the moving process and preggo..crazy cute!)