Saturday, October 24, 2009

these are the moments...

These days are sometimes a little crazy, a little loud, usually pretty busy, and full of a lot of energy. Even with all the craziness though, I know that these are the days that I will remember and cherish forever.

Days of dancing to nursery rhymes, of playing peek-a-boo on Mommy and Daddy's bed, of playing make believe, of super-heros, of soft baby hair against my cheek, of little voices singing without reservation, of holding hands, of pacifiers, of knee-high hugs, and "puppy kisses"! I love these little boys' silliness, their playfulness, their genuineness, their forgiveness, and their sweetness. I am painfully aware that these days are not going to last forever and that when the not so enjoyable moments are gone, so will these sweet moments. I want to enjoy them as long as I can.

Day in and day out it's me and my boys and I love it! I love this time where they are all mine and I am all theirs.


I love that Grant wants to dance all day, every day to any music....
I will always love his happy, happy smile and big belly laugh he gets...
I'm sure there will be lots of times that I will want to come back to this time that his paci, blankie, and Mommy were all that he needed...
I love watching these two tackle, tease, and play together...and share together too...
I love watching Lincoln explore and this time when I can explore with him...
I love that he will be playing and then all of a sudden give me a soft hug and in the sweetest voice say, "I love you, Mommy."
I love this little guy's never ending energy, his sense of humor, and his happy, happy smile....

3 comments:

Kara said...

What a good post! I needed something like this to remind me of the good in times of stress for me. I need to be more positive and enjoy these moments before they pass by too quickly and I never get them back. Thanks Shan!

Jessa said...

Yes, it goes by way too fast! It was good to see you!

Leah said...

So fun to see all the pictures and what you've been up to. Good job on the 5K by the way, you look super great. Let's hear it for ME time! And Grant is walking! Can't believe he's so big. And loved the post about 6 yrs of love, I'm so glad you found such a great guy. And I can't believe it's been 6 years!