That's right, it's all about ME! I've been making a couple of changes in our daytime routine...it's called me time! For a variety of reasons, I have seriously neglected the ME time for quite sometime now and have been reminded just how important it is for me personally, not to mention how it helps me be a better wife and mommy. Most of my ME time has been in the form of running, and surprisingly, I have enjoyed it and made quite a bit of progress! :) I am a little sad though that the weather is starting to get too cold and windy to run outside...I will have to figure something out. The end of September I ran a 5K for the first time in a LONG time. (Really only the 2nd in my life) I ended up having run the race with my little ones, which I didn't "train" with, so I did end up walking a little...and little Lincoln was far too excited to stay in the stroller the whole time, so he was my little running partner for part of it - so cute - but it was so much fun and a great experience. My actual running partner that day is not LDS and asked so many great questions about the church (the run took us by the temple so that helped). I must admit that as I was gasping for breath I wondered the timing of the discussion, but I think it was good for both of us! Anyway, here's to ME time! :)
3 comments:
That time for you is SOOOOO important! I totally know what you mean. Every time I try to make time for myself, something else suffers. I go to the gym and Jackson doesn't get a nap, but oh-well! I need that too! I wish I could love running, but I don't. I'll stick to kickboxing. Talk about a way to take some frustrations out! Anyways, you look GREAT!!!
Way to go Shani! You look so great. I am totally inspired to do more.
Yay for you!! You are an inspiration... I have started running (using the term loosely) again, too. You are looking fit and fabulous-- and happy!
Post a Comment