It has been so much fun to watch Lincoln learn and be so excited to discover new things. I have been amazed at what he remembers from our little "lessons" and the new skills he is picking up.
He knows the days of the week, his ABCs, he is starting to write his name, recognizes several letters and their sounds, he knows colors, numbers, and shapes! We have had fun discovering fall, snow, and making some crafts and sometimes a treat.
I have learned that he does not like coloring very much but he does like painting, cutting, and gluing things. Of course I'm a little biased, but I think he is brilliant! I am really treasuring this time together to learn and explore! :)
We also tried to have Lincoln do a little Tumbling Class. He is so physically able and picked up on everything so easily...it was so much fun to watch him in the class. There was just one problem...a little thing called separation anxiety! Lincoln has it big time, especially when it's Mommy that leaves him somewhere. He was okay if I was in the room, but parents really weren't suppose to stay inside so as soon as I left, he had a complete breakdown. Poor little guy. I decided to pull him from it (I don't want him to be traumatized) and maybe we can try again in a few months!

Beginning of October, we started to do a little rotating "preschool" with 4 other little ones. The "school" is just on Tuesdays and for the most part, Lincoln is doing really well with it. He does have some separation anxiety every week, but I think he's doing better. These pictures were from his first day of this little preschool. He was not excited at all and didn't even want me to take his picture!
I finally was able to snap one...I think he still has quite a painful look though! But still such a handsome little guy! (On a little side-note...He is so particular about his hair. It cannot be sticking up in the front, it can only be combed to the side or straight down!)

No comments:
Post a Comment