Saturday, October 9, 2010

Precious Moments

We have loved having our little Eli in our home. He is such a sweet baby and is a great blessing to our whole family. It has melted my heart to see how loving both Lincoln and Grant are to their baby brother...they both love to hold him, talk to him, and give him hugs and kisses. Hopefully they will be the 3 musketeers! :)





This time around I have had to take things much slower and that's a bit hard for me, but at the same time, I have loved being able to slow down and enjoy every moment with Eli. Even though it was hard to be in the hospital for such a long time, it was nice to be able to hold him and love him without any other distractions. Now still at home, I always want him close to me as much as possible. Maybe it's because this is my third baby and I realize how quickly they grow up, but I just want to eat up every little precious moment with him and let him be little.


I was helping Lincoln get to sleep the other day and before I left the room I just stared at him wondering where the time has gone. I'm happy though that these last four years are filled with such fun memories of him learning and growing and discovering new things. I'm happy that I have been there with him and Grant though the precious moments they have already had. I realize these first moments with Eli...the midnight moments, the poopy moments, the uncomfortable recovery and starting nursing moments, are going to end all too soon. Each of these moments while not easy, are precious.




3 comments:

Kara said...

Oh, how precious! Time does go by so fast and it's important to enjoy each moment and not wish them away too quickly. Even though those first few weeks and months are so exhausting! It will pass by so fast and you'll be raising teenagers! Scary!! Keep them little! I love the pictures of Lincoln and Grant with Eli- so cute!

Wilson Family said...

Shan, I'm so happy you're all home and getting better. That must have been so scary for you both. Congratuations, though! We can't wait to meet our new little buddy.
xo- Linds

Leah said...

Hey congratulations on the new baby! Eli is such a cute little guy. Hope your recovery is going well, crazy that you had to have a c-section. I love all the pictures of your boys, what a great family you have.