Sunday, January 31, 2010

Look What I Did!

A few weeks before Christmas, Lincoln started saying that he needed a "cooks hat" when he was helping to cook/bake something. I decided to look and see what I could find. I initially thought I would see if I could find one to buy, but one of the first sites on my search was for a pattern to make one...and an apron too! (http://makingitfun.blogspot.com/2009/01/kids-apron-chef-hat.html) I looked at it and thought how cute and fun! Especially because I already had material that I thought would be perfect. I got the few other materials needed for the project and got to work. I was able to finish well before Christmas so this could be a fun Christmas surprise. He loves to wear them whenever he's helping in the kitchen. Here's the results of my little project!





I decided to do a little BBQ gift basket for my dad's Christmas present so I thought an apron would fit right in. I found some BYU material for the BYU fan and got to work on his too....

3 comments:

Kara said...

Good job you little crafty thing!! I love how your Dad is modeling his apron with his hat pulled over his eyes! Nathan would love an apron and chefs hat, do you want to make him one too? He always wants to help me and he calls himself my "servant".

I do love my 3-year old too and his wonderful imagination. I need to take the time to write down the wonderful things he comes up with on a daily basis, so I don't forget them all. They're so smart aren't they? I wish I had their memory of all the little details.

Jessa said...

So cute, good job Shani!

Wilson Family said...

Awesome job Shan! That looks so good. The material is super fun too. I bet he was so excited!