Many of the weeknights this semester Brandon is late at school or work so dinner is usually me and the boys. On this particular night, when it came time to make dinner, we headed to the kitchen and I asked out loud, "Hmmm, what should we make for dinner?" (As much as I know I should have our meals calendered out and organized, I usually don't. It just doesn't happen in my life right now.) Anyway, cute little Lincoln quickly said, "I know, noodles and meatballs! I will make it!" This is one of his very favorite dinners, so it didn't surprise me that he came up with this. He continued to go get a stool so he could get the noodles out of the cupboard and then the meatballs out of the freezer. While he was at the freezer, he pulled out some peas as well and said, "We need some veggies too." Without missing a beat Lincoln got out the pot and a spoon. He asked me to put his apron on and help him with the stove. Other than a little help from me, Lincoln whipped up a delicious dinner! He has repeated this several times since then as well.
Helping to cook or bake has always been something he has loved to do and he is such a little problem solver that this little experience didn't surprise me too much, it was a fun treat to watch him so intently stirring the noodles and being so careful with what he was making. I am one thankful Mama for this sweet boy and his willingness to always help and be involved. He is always full of energy and ideas and is so much fun! I love this sweet little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment