In November, the weekend to go was just before Thanksgiving. We decided since we were half way to Utah, we would just go the rest of the way and spend the Holiday with family. We were able to stay with my parents and spend time with my brother Greg, my brother Darren and his family, and even a little time with my sister Wendi and her family.
The boys loved seeing their cousins and playing with them, and even sledding at the park thanks to a HUGE snow storm! We did a family home evening while we were there about all of our blessings. Lincoln and Grant helped fill the turkey up with feathers. It was a fun Holiday time!
These 3 guys are some of the greatest blessings in my life.
I love how much they love and are already quite protective of each other...

...and help each other out
(Grant was watching something and wanted to hold Eli. Eli fell right asleep!)
Grant loved playing with his cousin Robbie. These 2 little guys decided to just help themselves to yummy Thanksgiving food. I think they followed each other into the kitchen, they were all alone and just started digging in!

Eli and Elizabeth...cute little cousins, just 2 weeks apart.

Grandma and her "Eli Eli" babies
The boys with Pop after a Thankgiving FHE. Everyone helped put feathers on the turkey by sharing something they were thankful for. We were able to give it lots of feathers!
Someone once said that Thanksgiving is the transitional holiday which brings us from the darkness (of Halloween) to the Light (of Christmas). I liked that thought because as we remember our blessings and the many things we have to be thankful for, we are happier and our lives are moved towards the Light. There are so many things to be thankful for, and as I think about our family's past year I am humbled by the blessings we have received individually and collectively. I am humbled by the service that has been rendered to us. I am humbled as I recognize the Lord's hand and his guidance in our life.
1 comment:
That's cool that you've been able to spend time with your family along with Brandon's travels. Didn't you say that sometimes he's going to be teaching once a month in Durango? I am amazed at how well your boys get along and how sweet they are to Eli and stuff. Do Lincoln and Grant ever fight? You are a Great mom and have taught them well!
Post a Comment