Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Okay, so I'm completely behind on posting our little family happenings...o-well. We had a fun Father's Day celebrating Lincoln and Grant's wonderful Daddy! We were able to spend the whole weekend together (which is a rarity) and had a yummy steak and veggie dinner made on the grill! I also made Brandon a fun dessert (I can't take any credit for thinking of it, I saw it on the bakerella blog, but it did turn out SO cute). It's the perfect Father's Day or any summer day dessert! SO CUTE! I am so thankful my boys have such a fun Daddy. There is a song that I remember listening to way back when called Greatest Dad. I've sung what I remember of it to Lincoln and he loves to walk around the house singing, "Greatest Dad, greatest Dad" over and over again! It is so fun to watch Brandon with his boys, he is a great example for them and gives them a good mix of love, fun, stability, and structure in their lives. Lincoln and Grant love him SO much.

Lincoln helping put together the treat! He was so excited all weekend for it. I had to start to make it on Saturday, and honestly, I was surprised he didn't totally sneak all the treats before we put it together on Sunday! He's a little treat man! :)

YUM! It's yellow cupcakes/brownie "hamburgers" and sugar cookie "fries"! So yummy, cute and really easier to make than expected. However, if I do it again, I think I would prefer chocolate cupcakes in place of the brownies.

Happy Father's Day! Daddy and his boys...

5 comments:

Kara said...

That looks like the coolest dessert- you did such a good job and it does NOT look easy!! So glad you guys got to enjoy lots of time together!

Tiffany said...

You did a great job on those! I saw them somewhere and was trying to remember to make them.... but I ran out of time! Very cute!

Leah said...

Those treats turned out so so cute!

Jessa said...

That dessert is so cute!!

foreverlaym said...

Look how crafty you are! What a cute idea!