Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ready for spring, but spring isn't ready for us!

SNOW in the end of March/beginning of April?!



Spring has always been my favorite season...things are starting to get green again, flowers and trees are blooming, birds start chirping, the weather is getting warmer, the snow has melted, and it's once again time to be outside. As you can see from the pictures though, that is not the case here in ID, which doesn't make me too happy.

These LONG winters makes it pretty difficult with a super active and busy little guy. I try my best to be creative and think of indoor things we can do, but those only last so long. And sure, I take him outside in the cold and the snow, but how long can it really be fun outside when it's so stinking cold? Lincoln wants to play outside so badly, I want to go for walks with Lincoln and Grant, and plant some flowers and veg! We are so ready for some warm weather! But instead of dwelling on this unfavorable part of where we live I am going to TRY to find at least 10 things I LOVE about this wonderful place we live in.

10. There is a little Farmer's Market that we like to go to and walk around enjoying the fresh flowers, fruits, veg, etc.

9. There are several fun parks we like to play at.

8. I love that the summer nights cool down just enough to feel the difference between a summer day and a summer night.

7. I do love the beautiful areas we have seen as we've driven to Yellowstone and Red Fish Lake.

6. It's nice to live somewhere that doesn't have crazy traffic or tons of crime to worry about.

5. At least there is a Costco here.

4. We've been able to see family more frequently since moving here.

3. It's nice that there is a temple not too far from here.

2. I love that Brandon got into the program here. I know that it is a good program, he is doing so well at it, and this will benefit us in the future.

1. My absolute favorite thing about living here is that this is where our sweet Grant was born. He definitely makes me smile everyday, rain, wind, snow, or shine!

Well, anyway, hopefully some warm weather will come soon...and hopefully the next place we live will have more mild seasons...not months of 100+ weather, or months of 30 or below weather! In the meantime, anyone have any great indoor ideas?

5 comments:

Kara said...

You guys definately went from one extreme to the other huh? Way to look on the bright side of things though. I hope Spring comes soon for your sake!

foreverlaym said...

Good luck finding a place with weather like that. If you do, let me know and we'll move there in a heartbeat!

Christine said...

I totally understand!
The warm weather is so tantalizing... The thing about spring in Idaho is that you can't get your hopes up... the year I graduated, it snowed the end of May. I remember my mother teaching me that when we saw a robin spring was coming, and I remember seeing ONE every once in awhile in the spring and being so excited. The other day, here, I counted 14 in a little field behind the library.
Idaho is harsh- but the nice people and summers make it worth it! Good Luck!

Natalie said...

I'll try to send some of our Spring weather down your way. Our snow has all melted and the grass is starting to come up green. Winter is just too long no matter how you look at it and how much you enjoy being outside in the snow. I could do with one solid month and that's it. Bring on Spring!!!

Jessa said...

Way to think positive!