Thursday, March 12, 2009

What We've Been Up To...

So, it's been almost 2 months since we've posted anything and during the last 2 months this Wilde family has had some wild times! From moving and an intense exam to crawling, teething, talking, and saving lives we've kept ourselves busy. We have so many pictures and stories from this last little bit, so we may just have to give a synopsis for now as we try to catch up. Regardless of all the changes, experiences and even trials, we are ever thankful to be happy, healthy, and together.


Brandon took his intense and extremely important comprehensive exam the beginning of February. He had been studying so hard for this exam for such a long time, really everything he has done in this program helped prepare him for this exam. He passed with flying colors and is no longer a Doctoral Student, but a Doctoral Candidate! Which means he gets to start on his dissertation now and is on track to become Dr. Wilde spring 2010! We are SO proud of him and all that he is doing. Since we were moving right after his exam, we had an afternoon getaway before his exam to relax and soak in the Lava hot springs and have some yummy Thai food! :)


Soon after we moved into the last house we were in (back in Nov.), we started having serious problems with the house and the landlord left us very concerned about the safety of the house, and thus the safety of our family. We had a crazy time trying to find something else that would be suitable for our family (there were so many houses that seemed like they were just such bad living conditions, so sad that people end up living there). We ended up in a townhouse community across town and so far we love it! Lincoln refers to it as our happy house! (The other one was our scary house with wolves, how sad that he thinks that. Hopefully the memory/nightmare of that house won't last long!) I'm glad he says that we are in a happy house again, we look forward to many happy memories for the duration of our time here.


Our little Grant has become mobile! Right in the midst of the craziness of the move, Grant started getting on all fours and scooting! He is crawling and has the cutest little crawl. He is making new little sounds (da.da.da) and just the other day his first tooth popped through! His second tooth followed a couple days later!
(teeth!)

Our silly little Lincoln has found quite a new vocabulary! Everyday he pulls out new words - sometimes we think he has been tricking us the last year by not talking because he is saying so many words all of a sudden. He still uses some of his "sign language" and funny sounds, but hearing him try to communicate with words is so much fun. He still says "Mom" before anything he says, and if we don't understand a word, he usually will just say "no" until we get it right. If you ask him Grant's name, he still says "Googie" or "Gugs" and his name is now "Lenny" or "Linc" (which progressed from "me"). He is just as independent as ever and loves to help with anything. He sings numerous songs with us counts to 3, and forever keeps us laughing and on our toes!

Last week, the day seemed to start out quite normal. We got Brandon off to school and I started cleaning up breakfast and planning the day. Lincoln was trying to entertain Grant while he was still in his highchair. He slid the chair on the floor, which unfortunately caught on the hard tile floor. I looked over and saw the chair going down. All I could think of was Grant was going to hit his head on the tile or be jolted bad. I was about 3 feet away and dove to stop the chair from falling. I'm not really sure of all the details, but I hit the floor hard including my face! Grant was completely fine, no tears or anything. Lincoln was terrified of what just happened, probably mostly because he saw Mommy's head bleeding. I was dizzy and the cut looked deep. I was able to call Brandon and he came right home. We went to the Dr. and was told it was okay. So we went home and took it easy the rest of the day (Lincoln kept telling me to lay down). Anyway, I'm glad it wasn't worse for me, or especially for Grant. This picture was 2 days after it happened.


Some fun times among the chaos and changes...making brownies with Daddy...

...and getting ready for a movie night! (one of Lincoln's favorite family traditions)

Just a fun picture of the boys...I don't know if this picture shows it, but these 2 often look at each other with this look that we think says, "they're in for it!" They both have funny sense of humors and both seem to like to tease. I think Mom may be in for it especially!

6 comments:

Leah said...

Love the black eye! I'm glad your ok, and so glad Brandon did well on his test. You're little boys are so cute, I love to hear what's going on in you life.

Kara said...

I was so excited to see an update from you! I can't believe your face- what a diving catch you made! You're a tough cookie! Glad the boys are doing well and are happy. Have you made your spring break plans yet?

Jamielyn said...

Oh my gosh Shan, I'm so glad you're ok! Isn't it crazy how quick we move without even realizing what could happen to keep our kids safe? That's awesome about your hubby's exams too...Congrats!

laura kate said...

Oh my goodness, supermom, that may come in handy in the teenage years to remind Grant just how much you love him. So good to get an update, congrats to Brandon on the test.

Christine said...

I'm so glad you have a "happy" home... it makes such a difference! So sorry about your accident and I'm so glad everyone is okay!

foreverlaym said...

So good to see you're back blogging again. I've missed your updates! Cute pictures (except for the yucky one). So glad you're okay!